The name of the Club shall be “The Tavy, Walkham & Plym Fishing Club”.
To rent or otherwise acquire the right to fish for salmon, sea trout and trout on the Tavy, Walkham and Plym and other adjacent rivers in the counties of Devon and Cornwall and to make such fishing available to members of the Club and others as provided for by the rules.
The officers of the Club shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting of the Club and shall consist of, a President, Vice-President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, and with the exception of the two first named, these shall be ex-officio members of any committee as may be appointed.
The Chairman and Honorary Secretary shall be ex-officio trustees of the Club.
5. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Club shall be managed by an Executive Committee comprised of the Officers (as aforesaid) and THREE (3) members of the Club to be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting of the Club. The Executive Committee may from time to time co-opt such members as it may desire and shall meet as required and not less than twice a year. THREE (3) members shall form a quorum.
- Membership shall be either FULL or Associate. Anyone holding either of these memberships shall be able to fish for the season for which a membership card is issued, following the payment of the annual subscription for that year.
- Both types of member shall be entitled to attend club meetings, but only the Full members can vote or be eligible for election to the Executive Committee.
- Membership fishing rights are as laid out in the Club Rules.
7. NOMINATED MEMBERSHIP
Power is given to Lord Roborough to nominate a member of the Executive Committee who need not be a member of the Club and such member shall have the right to vote at all meetings. This member shall be in addition to the elected members.
8. HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
In exceptional circumstances, the Club may elect honorary members by majority vote at a General Meeting in recognition of long and meritorious service to the Club. Such members are to be supernumerary to the current Club establishment, to be entitled to fish all the Club waters but not to bring a guest, and to attend and speak at meetings but not to vote.
9. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Fourteen days’ notice shall be given to all members of the date and place of the Annual General Meeting which shall be fixed by the Executive Committee. A copy of the annual report and balance sheet (duly audited) shall be sent to each member. The financial year shall run from 1st February until 31st January.
- SEVEN (7) days’ notice in writing shall be given to the Secretary of any motion to alter or amend the Constitution or Rules of the Club to be moved at the meeting, with the name of the proposer and seconder.
- TEN (10) members shall form a quorum
10. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
An Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened by the Chairman or at the request of FIVE (5) or more members, such request to be sent to the Secretary in writing, stating the reason for requiring the meeting. TEN (10) members shall form a quorum.
11. ELECTION OF NEW MEMBERS
- An applicant for Full membership whose name is nearing the top of the waiting list shall be:
- Required to submit to the Honorary Secretary a properly completed application form of such a type as may be determined from time to time by the Executive Committee.
- Asked to provide a proposer and seconder from the present members of the Club, notwithstanding that a proposer and seconder may have been provided at the time of the original application.
- Required to confirm in writing to the Honorary Secretary that his or her usual place of residence is local, i.e. reasonably convenient to the River Tavy in the opinion of the Executive Committee.
- At the beginning of November, or at any other time at the committee’s discretion, the Secretary will write formally to Associate members in order of joining seniority seeking their willingness to be considered by the committee for Full membership of the Club
- In the event of the above requirements in 11 -1 above, not being fulfilled within TWENTY-ONE (21) days, their name shall be transferred to the bottom of the waiting list and the applicant be so advised. Nevertheless, should an application appear to the Executive Committee not to satisfy requirement (c) above, then, it shall be reconsidered by the Executive Committee.
- The names of applicants will be circulated to the membership in full, together with supporting documentation. Members should then consider and forward comments to the Hon Sec within fourteen days of such notification. The committee shall be obliged to review all such comments prior to endorsing the new member.
- Should a vacancy arise during the fishing season by the death or resignation of a member, the Executive Committee shall have the power to offer such vacancy to the next applicant on the waiting list, for the remainder of the season at an agreed fee. Such applications shall be governed by the above rules.
12. SERVICE CARDS
At the request of Lord Roborough, one Full Members card is to be put at the disposal of members serving in HM Armed Forces in the Plymouth Command. Users of this card will be not having a voting right and each year will be given a RED, WHITE or BLUE card for the purpose of allocating fishing rights. The card shall be transferred between members of HM Forces on a daily basis, but must not be transferred between members on any one calendar day. Anyone fishing with this authority must carry this card.
Members subscriptions will become payable on 1st January in each year. A member shall be deemed to have forfeited his membership if payment is not made.