The Tavy Walkham & Plym Fishing Club policy statement applies to all Club members, honorary members and voluntary bailiffs and other volunteers who work on the clubs waters or on the clubs behalf.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated acts and regulations impose legal duties and responsibilities upon the club to safeguard the well-being of their members and any other persons who may be affected by the working and recreational activities of its members.
It is the duty of all members to take reasonable care of themselves and not to put at risk the health and safety of other persons who maybe affected by their acts or omissions. They are to consider the effects of their activities, to maintain high levels of safety awareness on themselves, others and the environment while fishing, working or carrying out conservation work under the rules and constitution of the club
Members are to:-
- Use safe means of access and egress.
- Use safe systems of work and recreation.
- To be aware of others in their vicinity and taking precautions to avoid accidents.
- Consider the actions of other members and advise them accordingly of safe practices.
- To be aware of the risks of lone fishing and make adequate arrangements for assistance should they not make contact by a given time.
The Committee will endeavour to monitor the activities of the club and provide written directives on safe practices, risk and policy.
This policy statement is to be made available to all members of the Tavy Walkham & Plym Fishing Club, its honorary members and bailiffs. This policy is to be reviewed by the committee annually.
Chairman of the Tavy Walkham & Plym Fishing Club. 18th February 2018